-=PCTechTalk=- wireless connection - not staying connected

  • From: "Cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:17:10 -0400

I don't think I asked this before - did I ? <smile>
I may have asked about it trying to connect thru the
neighbor's routers.
It was doing that for a while.

I had my son secure my wireless connection.
Ever since then, my laptop won't stay online.
I have a clue as to what is happening. But no clue how to
'fix' it.
I think that before, when my cable company dropped the
signal,
all would be fine, because both my desktop and laptop were
able to
simply reconnect. Cable co. I've been watching seems to drop
the signal for
seconds at a time here and there.
so - now, my laptop can't simply reconnect. It now pops up
and says it can't connect to my system - and the box pops up
then for me to click to connect - with my password.
so - it isn't automatically using my password to connect - I
am having to physically click that button.
My son said it should be doing it automatically.
so - am I a 'fluke' and it should be? or is there a way for
me to make it connect with my password automatically?

if there is, I will need it step by step!

thank you ahead of time! and crossing fingers that someone
can figure this out for me!!

Cris