-=PCTechTalk=- trojans

  • From: David F Wooledge <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 17:20:05 -0400

Brenda,
I think that part of your problems are that you won't something finish
before you try something else.  For example you tell us the trojan
scanner is running.  Unless you are using another computer to send the
e-mail to the list you are scanning and also adding more stuff to the
hard drive when you send out the e-mail.  I noticed that when you were
having problems finding deleted files it appeared you were doing the same
thing.  While I may be wrong, it seems that if you want to find trojans
on your system you wouldn't want to add no data to the drive.  what if
the scanner already looked where the new data was added?  Just trying to
be helpful.
Dave

-----------------------------

From: "pima" <pima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- trojans
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 00:31:06 -0400

hi
I was having problems and getting strange emails and things....a friend
told
me perhaps someone had gained remote access or  sent a trojan,i just
downloaded a trojan scanner, and its running, it says already
poss identification<adv>namepossible key logger
file names are...
my doc\fix_badtransb.com
and
my doc\newfolder(2)\fix_badtran

are theses trojans? and can someone tell me how to know more about this
crap.... ive run this pc with no problems until about a month ago, when i
turned someone into the bar association...since then my lockdown was
removed, and weird things happened that i didnt do
any advise?/
Brenda
David F Wooledge
wooledge001@xxxxxxxx              wooledge001@xxxxxxxxxxx
wooledge001_@xxxxxxxxx         wooledge001@xxxxxxxxxxxx
AOL dfwooledge                           ICQ 59686911

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.