-=PCTechTalk=- friend needs help

  • From: "la_crick" <la_crick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:23:37 -0400

I see neither worked so will try it again.
Here is her note:
I'm running ME but use MS Office XP (for FrontPage word etc)
this is the error report I keep getting in IE5.5... do you know what it
means?.. and why i keep getting them. I only had 2 windows open and I got
this....
Microsoft internet explorer
Error details
Internet explorer has encountered an internal error.
Error signature
AppName: iexplore.exe    AppVer: 5.51.4807.2300
ModName : unknown
ModVer:0.0.0.0    Offset: 0049f869

Reporting details
This error report includes: information regarding the condition of Microsoft
Internet Explorer when the problem occurred; the operating system version
and computer hardware in use; your Digital Product ID, which could be used
to identify your license; and the Internet Protocol [ IP ] address of your
computer.

We do not intentionally collect your files, name. address, email address or
any other form of personally identifiable information. However, the error
report could contain customer-specific information such as data from open
files. While this information could potentially be used to determine your
identity, if present, it will not be used.

The data that we collect will only be used to fix the problem. If more
information is available, we will tell you when you report the problem. This
error report will be sent using a secure connection to a database with
limited access and will not be used for marketing purposes.

She wants to know what this means and why she keeps getting the error.
Cricket