-=PCTechTalk=- cuil.com

  • From: "suzanne" <lailoken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 07:05:37 -0500

appears to be back online, after a massive number of searchers brought down
this new search-engine start up.
http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/07/28/andcuil-is-down/
yesterday I was able to perform 2 searches before the servers *heated up*... I
like the interface and the fact that they *will put user privacy at the top of
their business objectives. User IP addresses are not recorded to their servers,
they say, and cookies are not used to associate a computer with queries. The
data is simply dumped as it is created.*

while it isn't quite google, I am hoping that another search engine start up
can survive against it.

~s