-=PCTechTalk=- Trojan horse DROPPER.VB.BXQ

  • From: "Patricia" <rhekay@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 06:49:20 -0500

A friend sent me a zip the other day for a program we use. I saved the
attachment and
then ran a scan on it like I do every attachment, I use AVG 8 free edition and
avg said
the package was infected with the Trojan horse DROPPER.VB.BXQ.
When I notified her she told me when she scanned it with her Norton's it came
back clean.
So I had another friend scan it also with Norton's came back clean, I then set
it to my
lap top and scanned it there with AVG 8 and got the same results it was
infected,
So my question is do you suppose AVG is picking up that the exe file as a
trojan?
The friend who sent it has been using this program for about 5 months and has
had no problems
she scans her pc weekly and nothing has come up .
Which anti-virus do I trust AVG or her Norton's?

Patricia

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well
dance.