-=PCTechTalk=- System has recovered from a serious error

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:54:49 -0500

Below is the code given by the error signature:

BCCode : ea BCP1 : 8933D9C8 BCP2 : 8910B1B8 BCP3 : 891BF298

BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

Recent happenings:  Last night we had thunder and lightning so I got up and
attempted to shut down so I could pull the power plugs.  Mouse would not
bring up the screen and it's red light was out until I shook it and wiggled
the cords connecting it to the computer.  I was pretty sure there were some
commands I could use on the keyboard but too sleepy to hunt them up!  So I
shut down and pulled the plugs.

This morning the screen is back but I had the following incidents:  A red
shield in the notification area saying my computer might be at risk because
the firewall was turned off, a pop up saying the system had recovered from a
serious error (code copied and pasted above), Win Patrol telling me there
was a start up item (the one I described previously) and since it was
declared safe by Win Patrol I relented and checked yes, let it happen.

What's up Doc?  errr G?

Sandi

in the Subject.