-=PCTechTalk=- Softhome

  • From: "Sharon" <loonlake11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 14:58:18 +0200

Robert,
I can answer some of your questions, and the other answers you can probably
get here: www.softhome.net (note, not .com). On G-man's suggestion many
months ago, several of us here have free softhome addys, the nice advantage
of  is that it's a POP3 accnt which integrates seamlessly with OE and I
suppose other e-mail programs too.

Lately, they've been erratically bouncing mails, mainly (only?) from
Freelists. Works for a few days, then doesn't again. In addition, we
received mail announcing a reduction in the space available to the free
accounts, and urging us to upgrade to the paid version. I've acted on Rose's
suggestion of ukonline and am happy so far.

Robert wrote:
Can anyone give me information I can act on about SoftHome? No, I am not
mad at them or anything, but I am having people asking me what is going on.
Before this, I had not heard of it. The five most common questions I am
asked are:

A> Who owns SoftHome?
B> What services do they offer?
C> What are their current plans?
D> What are their prices?
E> If the company is sold, will SoftHome users be assured of continued
service?

What should I be telling these people?

And for my curiosity, what the heck happened with SoftHome to start people
asking me anyway?

Thank you.

Robert Carneal