-=PCTechTalk=- Sir Troth's recommendation

  • From: "DH (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PCTT <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 14:12:17 -1200

I have been troubled with Blastxx and Lovsxx.A worm, and I thought I had
cleared myself of it.  However, after re-installing MSWord and
WindowsXP, the latter descended upon me again. Kept appearing, kept
telling my to run AVG, still kept coming back.  I was on the point of
writing to this list for help when a thought entered my head (How??I
don't know! LOL).  Look in the archives. Doing a search for the name of
the virus I found a recommendation from Sir Troth.  It was to disable
SystemRestore and re-enable it.  This was because he though the virus
was resident in the System Restore Back up files, and performing this
simple task would remove ALL the back ups that were still in the
system.  How right he was, and at this stage I am breathing a sigh of
relief.

SIR TROTH, I bow to you with gratitude.

Sincerely

Rick H