-=PCTechTalk=- Re: zonealarm and xp updates

  • From: "Larry Southerland" <larrysoutherland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 07:21:23 -0400

Check here:

http://forums.somd.com/computers-technology-internet/145477-windows-xp-updat
e-vs-zone-alarm.html

Windows XP Update vs. Zone Alarm!

  _____

OK - The latest Windows Update (KB951748) causes ZoneAlarm to block all
incoming exchanges. In otherwords - you are off-the-air! ZoneAlarm is aware
of this and suggested uninstalling KB951748 until they provide a update. The
only way around it is to lower your Internet Zone Security settings to
Medium.

It just doesn't get any better then this!

and

http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=access
<http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=access&message.
id=33256> &message.id=33256