-=PCTechTalk=- Re: windows 7/libraries more

  • From: "Reckless Maverick" <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 22:34:22 -0400

With libraries you can have folders of stuff all over your hard drive and
have them all on what amounts to a shortcut.  If you click on the DOCUMENTS
library then all folders and subfolders and documents that have been placed
in the library will be listed in the right hand pane.  If you expand the
folders in the tree you will also see all the folders and subfolders there.

If a document or document folder is not in your DOCUMENTS library then find
it in the folder tree, right click on it, mouse over Include In Library and
then select Documents.  Add folders of pictures to the PICTURES library
using the same technique.  Want to create a special library for special
folders?  Simple.  Right click on Libraries in the folder tree.  Select new
and then type in the name for the new library.  OR... Select Libraries and
then click on New Library in the toolbar and then fill in the name.  Exactly
like creating a new folder.  Create folders in the libraries just like you
would in a folder.

You could also put any location in the Favorites.  Click and drag and drop
any folder in the tree up to Favorites and drop it there to create a
shortcut.

You can also have certain folders (Pictures, Documents etc) displayed on the
start menu as either a link or a menu.  Go to Start>Control Panel>Taskbar
and Start Menu and select the start menu tab and click on Customize.  Select
what you want displayed on the right side of the start menu and how folders
are displayed (link or menu).

Don