-=PCTechTalk=- Re: video file size.

  • From: "andy" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 01:51:29 +0100

Don't rush it Lee..Don't try and make 'War &  Peace' on your first effort!!!
It was a couple of months of tearing what little hair I had out before I
really 'got it'.. The trouble is, the feeling is 'I've got this great new
toy, lets make movies' and you sometimes overlook the basics.. I didn't
really have anyone showing me..I did a search and found that VCD  Help site,
and from there on in, I soon mastered it

Capture 5 minutes, stop the capture and convert it to mpeg in TMPGEnc...it's
no use recorsing an hours footage only to realise afterwards you forgot
something simple (Been there, done that, got the T shirt!!) get used to the
settings,  most of the settings on Virtual Dub can be saved, so that every
time you want to grab, the correct compression , sound, picture size,
fps..etc...are all set for you, all you really need to do is decide where
you are saving the file to, and hit 'record' (Though I STILL go through all
ther settings as well!!)

Have fun, and feel free to drop me a line if you come across any stumbling
blocks

Cheers

Andy