-=PCTechTalk=- Re: removing IE BRANDING

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 16:45:09 -0800

Hi Christy,
Sorry to be so long in replying.
Took the Family to Seattle Christams shopping.

I'm glad to here you are finaly rid if Xupiter.

What you are trying to do now is called 'Debranding"
Here is a link to the instructions, wich require a registy hack.

<http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/windowstips/story/0,24330,3358084,00.html

Strip that irritating logo from view once and for all. By Morgan Webb

People putting their logos on your computer?
Terrible. Some companies just have no class.
Even worse, they rely on the fact that the average computer user is
unwilling or unable to hack their registry to get rid of the offensive
logos.

I have a secret for you. It's easier than you think to remove the branding
from your Internet Explorer browser.

Gaze upon your branded logo for the last time.
Close all browser windows.
Go to Start, choose Run, and type or paste "rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear"
without the quotes.
Hit Enter.
Open a browser window.
Jump with joy as you gaze upon your default browser branding.
++ There is more on the web site.

I hope this helps.

See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/techsupportalliance/

On 07/12/2002 at 9:23 PM Hotredlips779928@xxxxxxx wrote:

Yeahhhhhhhh!!! I finally was brainy enough to follow Mikebike's advise on
ridding of this XUPITER creature and it worked all the way!! yeahhh...I do
have a question now which may sound dumb but since resetting my home page
on
internet explorer I noticed that it says MSN presented by Best Buys which
is
where I purchased my computer from recently.  So they are advertising on my
IE now?  and how can I rid of them also, by doing all the same things as
before for xupiter.

Thanks..Christy

MikeBike thank you!