-=PCTechTalk=- Re: oe6

  • From: "GuitarMan" <PCTech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 00:31:14 -0500

Hi David,
    In OE, go to 'Tools/Address Book' to open up the Address Book.  Once it
opens, go to 'File/Export/Other Address Book'.  In the next window, choose
"Text File (Comma Separated Values)" and then click on the Export button.
Once the 'CSV Export' window opens, browse to the location where you'd like
to save the file, give it a decent name and click on the 'Next' button.  A
new window will open to allow you to choose which fields to include in this
backup.  Once you've made your selections, click on the 'Finish' button to
complete the task.

    Copy the CSV file onto a floppy and move the disk over to the second
computer.  If it's too large for a floppy, you'll have to find another way
to move it over (CD-RW, CD-R, Network the PCs, Zip Disk, etc.).  Once at the
second PC, open up OE and go to Tools/Address Book again.  When it's opened,
go to 'File/Import' and follow the same directions as above to reverse the
process.  Once OE has imported the info from the file, it'll let you know.

Peace,
G Man

PCTechTalk Owner