-=PCTechTalk=- Re: microsoft - windows crash

  • From: ~OoO~ <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:19:13 -0500

For me, its not an issue of not trusting what's being sent. Think about it...
out of all the people that use the Windows XP OS, which is a lot, the one's who
have it legitimately (read: non-pirated) probably most send the reports. The
opposition does not, for obvious (and probably false) fears. But, for the ones
tat do send the report, I'd say that there are A LOT of reports sent. There
are, in my opinion, too many for Microsoft to go through.
I know that don't actually sit there and go through the reports... its all
software-based, I'm sure. And, I would say that it probably just hangs onto the
info until a they have so many error reports of a particular application or
program. Who knows. I'm not MS. These are just my views. But, since I don't
know, I can't say how they handle these processes. If you know for sure how
they handle it, then great.

If the reports help, as you're reporting, then they should be sent. I just wish
MS would do a better job explaining or demonstrating the possible success or
failure of this feature.

::: Troth :::
ICQ: 1717439
MSN: SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx