-=PCTechTalk=- Re: gator again! trickler_3210.exe help?

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 21:55:27 -0800

Hi Chisty,
You need to run Ad Aware a couple of thimes to clear all the Gator scum.

AdAware is one of the best Spyware removal tools out.
Ad-aware 5.83
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Ad-aware is a free multi spyware removal utility that scans your memory,
registry and hard drives for known spyware and scumware components and lets
you remove them safely.
It is updated frequently.
If you are new to Ad-aware, we recommend you read the getting started
tutorial.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/manual.html
The following introduction is taken from the "Getting started" chapter from
the Ad-aware manual.
For efficiency reasons, the images and parts of the text have been left out.
We recommend you read the complete manual before using Ad-aware the first
time.
++ There is more on the web site.

FAQ's
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/faq.html
Lavasoft FAQ
Q: What platforms is Ad-aware compatible with?

A: Ad-aware is compatible with Windows 98 / 98SE / ME / NT40 / 2000 / XP
Home / XP Pro platforms.
++ There is more on the web site.

Lavasoft Support Forums
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/

Christy from Hackfix has written an great configuration guide for Adaware
http://www.hackfix.org/software/configure/adaware.html

From the Forum;
Go to http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads.php#startup , and download
'Startuplist'.

Unzip, doubleclick it, and it will generate a text file that will list all
running processes, all applications that are loaded automatically when you
start Windows, and more.

Then you can find the namepage hijacker and find out how to remove it.

Referencefile update
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software.html#rfu
With this reffile (042-24-09-2002), the detection+removal of Xupiter
ToolBar, HuntBar, CnsMin(Chinese Keywords) some new browser Hijackers and
some new versions of previous targets have been added to Ad-aware.

I hope this helps.

Mike66 ~ It is a good day if I learned something new.
See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/techsupportalliance/

On 13/12/2002 at 11:34 PM Hotredlips779928@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi, I did some surfing and looked up this tricker thing..i read it may be
associated with gator spyware..which I had problems with earlier this week>

windows had just done an auto update about 20 minutes before this popped
up.
First time I ever saw this error..trickler_3210.exe ..can anyone help?
cristy thanks