-=PCTechTalk=- Re: folder options

  • From: "..SheDevil.." <shedevil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 04:38:11 -0400

Hi Lyn, usually this means that you don't have the right program to open the
kind of file you've received.  It would help to know the extension of the files
you've received that you can not open.  If you can't see them, you can turn
them on by opening any folder and then - using the tabs at the top, select
Tools, Folder Options and then select View from the tabs at the top of that
window. Its the second tab on mine.  Looking to the middle of the new window,
you will see a section called Advanced Settings. Look for a line that says
"Hide Extensions for Known File Types" and if there is a check mark in the box,
click on it to remove it.  Hit Apply then Ok and the window will close. You
should now be able to see the extention.  If you can see the extension, but
don't know what program SHOULD open it, you can go here to find out what the
extension is:  http://filext.com
Hope this helps,
SheDevil