-=PCTechTalk=- Re: firewall

  • From: "GMan" <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:34:44 -0500

ML,
    The explanations that the firewall maker's use are written by engineers,
many of whom do not spend much time with others.  They only know how to
speak geek, so naturally their descriptions are going to be confusing to
many.  Send in the question it's asking and we'll help you decide how to
handle it.  The more questions you ask about, the more you'll understand how
to handle them.  Eventually, you'll become one of those gurus.       :O)

    As a simple rule, deny once anything you're not sure about.  If it makes
it so something you need doesn't work, then ask about it.  If you just want
to understand what you just denied, you should also ask about it.  Questions
promote understanding, but they only work if you share them.       lol

Peace,
GMan