-=PCTechTalk=- Re: emails not being received in Outlook 2007

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 22:53:08 -0400

Gaynel,
    Two things.  If an email fails to complete, you will always have one
less than the number you saw.  This is because it's showing you the number
of the message that is in progress rather than the number of completed
messages.  So, if it says 5 of 9 and fails, you will only find 4 new
messages anywhere within Outlook.  The second thing is that a reinstall is
probably the best approach you can take to fixing most problems with any of
the Office programs.  If you simply start a new install without uninstalling
the previous one, you'll see an option to Repair the current installation.
This option may be all you need to run to get things working again.  If it
doesn't work, run it again and choose the fuller install options.