-=PCTechTalk=- Re: e-mail question

  • From: "Jo Ann Weaver" <hillfarm3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:57:36 -0400

Thanks Rose,
Will take a look. I have a second drive and a CD burner, but I guess it
takes different software to save something from an e-mail program.
Jo Ann

You would try www.ukonline.net

That is at least a 200 mb of space... I have used them for a couple of years
now.....
I have written instructions.  If you want/need them..holler...

I am not sure that is the method I would use...and this is ONLY my PERSONAL
opinion.

I have a backup program... Express Assistant and I use it all the time.  I
purchased it for $30.
But, you could download it for a 15 day free trial.  That would get you
passed the reformat stage.

You would backup your email.  If you do not have a second drive, you could
back it up to floppy disks.
Then,  you could restore it when  you have finished reformatting and
reinstalled windows.

Just be sure..if you use Express Assistant..you copy the original zip file
you downloaded... and  you remember what email address you used to get
it....
then when you reinstall it you should not have any problems.  The link for
Express Assistant is http://www.ajsystems.com/
This would be a good test to know whether or not you wanted to buy the
program.  Be sure you also backup your address book, favorites, message
rules, etc.
These are all shown/included in Express Assistant.  As a matter of fact, you
get a warning if you do not back up your address book...lol!  Love
it....haha!
I wrote to them..and yes they really respond..as I had lost the program when
I lost a hard drive.. and when I downloaded it... my registration code would
not work.  Each download has a number..and they have a code for it.  I have
discovered that the email address used seems to have an effect.  I had asked
about putting it on a second pc to sync mail and they said that was
ok...well.. when I used the email address for the second pc..I had
problems..but.. I just by chance..tried the email address I had orginally
used.. and low and behold..it worked...(the registration code!)

I have been using it for over a year..and am very happy with it.  I get LOTS
if  mail..I belong to a bunch of graphics groups..and believe me... this
program gets its workout...lol!

Hugs,
Rose
Las Vegas