-=PCTechTalk=- Re: bily has returned

  • From: Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 10:21:24 -0500

What's most important to the list is that Bily is sending links to executable
files. This could pose a serious threat to recipients.  I don't have a way to
isolate the links to test them...............and frankly, I don't see much good
in doing that.  For sure, the sender violates net protocol and there is no
reason to trust anything he sends.
I approach him a bit differently than most.   I run a SPAM filter and I look at
all my emails on my ISP server before I download them.  My filter for the SPAM
program used to identify Bily as SPAM, but I'd manually delete his emails.
Since I discovered the link to an executable file on one of his last emails, I
changed the filter to automatically delete his emails as soon as they show up
on
my ISP's server.  I'll never see them again......I'll never know he even sent
an
email.

 Regards,

 Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy"
            ,,,,,,,,
           Õ¿Õ¬
 -----------<========<<0++0>>========>-----------
                 Cincinnati, OH -- Scottsdale, AZ
                          NRA Life Member
 Photos at   http://keyboard-cowboy.smugmug.com/
 -----------<========<<0++0>>========>-----------
 We have too many people who live without working; and we have altogether too
many people who work without living.

 --  Charles R. Brown

   -----------<========<<0++0>>========>-----------

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 08:26:27 -0600, Sandi Beach wrote:

|  I assumed he was never a member but a hacker.  Is that correct G?
|  Anyway I have not gotten any more except for the two in one day.
|  I have not set up any filters or done anything to prevent this.
|  Maybe I better "knock on wood"! (As if that ever did any good).
|  Sandi ----- Original Message ----- From: <CINDRA4@xxxxxxx> To:
| <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Sunday, November 01, 2009 8:42 PM
|  Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: bily has returned
|

| |  I did actually get one from Bily it was in my spam folder so
| |  theya re still coming to me too LOL. I wonder if he even knows
| |  this is happening? Is he still a group member? Cindy
| |

|  To access our Archives:
|  //www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/
|
|  To contact only the PCTT Mod Squad, write to:
|  pctechtalk-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
|
|  To join our separate PCTableTalk off-topic group, send a blank
|  email to: pctabletalk+subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
in the Subject.