-=PCTechTalk=- Re: XP help

  • From: "Bashful Bob" <Bashfulbob@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 17:49:34 -0500

HI
I have XP Pro and it a little different then XP Home. I have no computer
management in control panel. In the following you may not be able to do what
I list out, but there should be a way to get to the same place that I end
up.

Try this. Go to control panel and click on system. A system properties
dialog box will come up. Click on the hardware tab and then in the area
labeled Device manager clcik on the Device manager button. A dialog box
called Device Manager will come up. Click on the plus sign next to CD-ROM
drives. If it is function properly you should NOT see any icon that
indicates it is not working properly like a yellow question mark or
exclamation point or red circle with a line through it. What do you see.

Should have something there in the list of things in Device Manager that is
for the floppy. Check it out too.
I do not have a floppy  on my laptop with XP Pro.

Life is what happens in between plans.

Virus free email by Norton's
This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and/or entity to
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the addressee, or authorized to receive this on behalf of the addressee,
you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute
to anyone this message or any part thereof. If you have received this in
error, please immediately advise the sender by e-mail and delete this
information. Thank you