-=PCTechTalk=- Re: XP SP3

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 12:49:01 -0400

Lil,
    I'm about to check out the link, but wanted to send this first bit of
advice without delay.

    Do NOT download any OS patches or serrvice packs from anywhere other
than the MS site.  There are far too many garbage links out for them.  Some
will provide you the pre-release version which has caused a LOT of issues.
Others could include hidden malware and such.

    If you want the full downloadable version of SP3 (it's about 4 times the
size of the Windows Update version), I'll supply the link to that in my next

    I haven't looked at the modem file yet.  I will try to get to that later
today.      :O)

    I may also have something for you to help with the cloudy days.  I'll
send that offlist later today if possible.

Peace,
Gman