-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Word 2002 question

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:11:34 -0400

Sammi,
    I'm no Word guru (not by any means), I'm thinking that the 4th field
that some entries use is probably causing the issue.  Could you more clearly
explain exactly how these fields need to be sorted (last name first, then
???)?

    I'll also mention that, to make the ever growing list much more "future
proof", each individual item should be in its own field (first name in one,
middle initial in another, last name in one, full house address, P.O.Box
number in another (blank if unused), City, State, Zip, Phone).  This would
allow for very simple searches and 'on the fly' re-sorting by individual
fields as needed by simply clicking on each column's title.

    I'll hold off on any other thoughts until I understand better what
you're trying to do with the list.  (and then will probably refer you to an
expert)

The Monster: A Loyal Clinton Soldier Turns in His Badge
http://tinyurl.com/ypfj3o
http://tinyurl.com/2paz2u

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"