-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Win XP Full/Upgrade

  • From: "Don101" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 13:59:34 -0400

I used the file and settings tranfer utility in XP pro the other day
to transfer from primary boot XP Pro to a dual boot XP Pro.

Only two problems:

1.  Email passwords are not transferred so those will need to be
inputted manually.

2.  Apparently OE on the dual boot did not like the idea of being told
to put the email store and address book in a different location than
it defaults to.  I had to manually change the mail store location and
manually edit the registry to get the address book name and location
correct.

Neither problem discourages me from using the utility again.

Don