-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Virus

  • From: Robert Carneal <carnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:57:08 -0600

The best I could do was this from Panda Software; I understand you wanted
more details and there are some Japanese sites that discuss this, but I do
not read Japanese.

The technical name is W32/Kenston.1895
Threat Level is Very Low
The Alias for this virus is Win32/Kenston.1895
It first appeared on Feb 24, 1999
It is not in circulation currently.

Characteristics:
It is considered a very low threat.
It affects Windows systems.
It is 1895 Bytes in size.

However, under a slightly different name I found probably what you want.

The technical name is W32/Kenston.
There are no threat levels for this virus.
The Alias for this virus is Win32/Kenston.
It first appeared on Apr 04, 2001.
It is not in circulation currently.

If you want to see it accurately, please go to their web-site. G-Man would
frown if I quote them because he/they using the " F " word. I am giving it
here it slightly censored, but in essence the virus contains the following
text:

Boles and Manning are arrogant facists. They have no computer
sk1llz and KENSTON HIGH SCHOOL's are Own3d.
I AM BACK KOONS YOU <MF word, censored>  dowN with KenSTON....
yOU tRIED tO rID yOUsELF oF mE BefoRE bUT fAILED
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The W32/Kenston is a non-memory resident parasitic Win32 virus that infects
Win95/Win98 program files. It is encrypted with an XOR function. When an
infected program runs, the virus searches for a clean PE EXE file and
infects them.

[Wow, sounds like a pretty unhappy student! Does anyone besides me wonder
if this kid watched too much TV?]

Well, Chazz asked. <g> I hope I have not offended anyone.  If anyone wants
to where I got this, please email me privately and I will email you back
with the URL. I don't want to create a thread out of this.

Robert

At 1/18/2003 11:07 AM, you wrote:
My virus program picked up a virus W32/Kenston-1895.x< can anyone give me a
description of what this virus does to a computer?

Thanx

Chazz