-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Video driver

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 19:35:30 -0600

I seriously doubt it.  Best to save/backup everything she can't live
without and do the restore.  She'll have to go back and update things, but
I don't hold out a lot of hope for getting drivers or support from Compaq
for the method you want to use.  If you knew for sure the vid card and the
chipmaker, then you should be able to find a driver, but if your video
goes, you're blind and it's hard to fix what you can't see.  Try Belarc
Advisor and see what it reports the graphics card as.  Then try in device
manager under system information.  See if the two jive.  If they do, try to
get a driver from the card's manufacturer.  Then be ready with restore
disks in case it doesn't work out.

~~~~~~~~~

On 12/18/2002 at 11:48 AM a whisper was heard, and the one known as Deb B
was rumoured to have uttered....

          |  Do you think it is best to call Compaq and have
          |  them walk my friend through
          |  it...Deb

*******
All the preceding is solely my own opinion not necessarily held by any
other person in any other place at any other time.  No warranty express or
implied.  Author takes no responsibility for the accuracy or usefulness of
this or any rebutttal information.  If you do not agree with this post,
please click delete and move on.