-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Tiling Windows

  • From: "Betty" <nextcent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:20:28 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

From: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=0D
Date: Saturday, January 10, 2004 1:30:43 PM=0D
To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=0D
Subject: -=3DPCTechTalk=3D- Re: Tiling Windows=0D
 =0D
After resizing/moving, you've essentially changed the tiling process.=0D
If you don't like to resize/move, then maximize the window.=0D
If you don't want them all on the desktop at the same time, click the =0D
minimize button, or the Show Desktop icon in QuickLaunch bar.=0D
=0D
Terry=0D
=0D
Betty wrote:=0D
=0D
> =3D0D=0D
> Yes, I'm aware that I can resize and/or move the active window, but I d=
o=3D=0D
>n't=3D0D=0D
>like having all windows on the desktop at the same time. I would like to=
=3D0D=0D
>reverse the tiling completely, so that I won't have resize/move each tim=
e=3D=0D
>=3D0D=0D
>I switch to another window..=3D0D=0D
>=3D0D=0D
>As for the taskbar, I actually had 2 rows showing, but I just unchecked=3D=
20=0D
>Show=3D0D=0D
>Quick Launch" and it went back to just the one row. =3D0D=0D
>=3D0D=0D
>-------Original Message-------=3D0D=0D
> =3D0D=0D
>From: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=3D0D=0D
>Date: Saturday, January 10, 2004 9:09:06 AM=3D0D=0D
>To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=3D0D=0D
>Subject: -=3D3DPCTechTalk=3D3D- Re: Tiling Windows=3D0D=0D
> =3D0D=0D
>With one window active, size/move/maximize it to your liking.=3D0D=0D
> =3D0D=0D
>If you mean the taskbar is double the normal width, just point your =3D0=
D=0D
>cursor to the top edge until it changes to double arrows. Click and =3D0=
D=0D
>hold the edge, then drag it down slightly, then release.=3D0D=0D
> =3D0D=0D
>Terry=3D0D=0D
> =3D0D=0D
>Betty Lewis wrote:=3D0D=0D
> =3D0D=0D
> =0D
>=0D
>>Having learned here about tiling windows, I tried it, and soon knew tha=
t=3D=0D
>> =0D
>>=0D
> =3D0D=0D
> =0D
>=0D
>>I don't like it. But I can't=3D0D=0D
>>reverse it. When I right click on the task bar I do not get the option =
=3D0D=0D
>>to undo it. How do I get back=3D0D=0D
>>to normal?=3D0D=0D
>>=3D0D=0D
>>I also have the problem of suddenly getting a double task bar, and can'=
t=3D=0D
>> =0D
>>=0D
> =3D0D=0D
> =0D
>=0D
>>seem to be able to fix=3D0D=0D
>>that. I thought it would go correct itself after rebooting, but it's no=
w=3D=0D
>> =0D
>>=0D
> =3D0D=0D
> =0D
>=0D
>>2 days since it happened,=3D0D=0D
>>and I can't figure out how to correct it. Would really appreciate help =
=3D0D=0D
>>on these two problems.=3D0D=0D
>>=3D0D=0D
>>=0D
=0D
=0D
To unsub or change your email settings:=0D
//www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk=0D
=0D
To access our Archives:=0D
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCTechTalk/messages/=0D