-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Thumbnails.

  • From: "DH (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 19:36:12 +1200

Yes, IrfanView, PSP, Paint and Imaging are graphic progs and there are
many others of varying value and usefulness. I have IrfanView, (amongst
others) but can't get it to open Thumbnails for some reason right now.
 My computer locks up! :-( .   I can tell you that jpg files are lossy
files, which means that everytime they are modified and saved they lose
quality.Search the net for 'lossy files' for a full explanation if you
wish. Conversely, please note, BMPpic files, which are much larger in
byte size,  do not, and it follows  that .bmp is a good format if you
are going to 'fiddle' with pics.  The other thing is that you should
have decent size picssomewhere on your computer from which the
thumbnails are produced.
Try a Start/Search(or find) for a pic file file name, and that ought to
reveal something better for you. If you don't know a name, try a search
for "*.jpg" without the commas.  (star/dot/jpg) or try *.bmp.

Perhaps someone else will assist.  Don't be afraid to ask icyflames.
(Where did that name come from?)

HTH
Cheers
Rick