-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Strange Problems with FF, IE and Shutdown

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 00:49:45 -0400

In his original post, he said that he had already formatted/reinstalled in
order to try and fix the problem.  That means the restore points that may
have been available from before the issue began are now gone.  I don't see a
restore doing anything to help at this point.

Instead, I strongly suspect the manner in which Firefox was brought back to
life.  If Steve has saved a backup of his Firefox 'Profile' and then pointed
the new install to use it instead of starting from scratch, that would be
enough to bring any oddities right back into the new OS.  This doesn't
explain how the problem started or what caused it, but it likely explains
how it persisted through a reinstall of the OS.

Peace,
Gman

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php