-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Skype

  • From: ~OoO~ <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:47:55 -0400

Skype, now acquired by Google, is a messenger as well as a voice chat. =
You can call anyone else that has Skype and talk to them via voice. If =
you have a headset, its like a regular phone call. The clarity, IMO, is =
the better of all the ones I have tried personally, although I am sure =
other systems have either improved or WILL improve. The clarity is good =
even on dial-up modems... no broadband required.

Making calls to other people on Skype is free. But, you can also make =
regular phone calls to all over the world. All you need, obviously, is =
the phone number of the recipient. The phone calls are NOT free, though. =
Its cheaply priced, but not free.

Here's the address:
http://www.skype.com

Its believed that Google will use this newly acquired technology to =
compete in this market again the regulars in the IM industry as well as =
VoIP.

---Troth