-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Sandi's port settings

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 19:57:15 -0400

Yes, POP3 is set on port 995 in ten different Gmail accounts within Outlook
Express.  I can't imagine different email clients requiring different ports
for SSL since the ports are determined by the email server itself (in this
case, Gmail).  Perhaps these POP servers are designed to accept connection
over more than just one port when using SSL.

Peace,
Gman