-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Reboot problem

  • From: Tricia <lafalot7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 06:04:11 -0500

I did try to stay up late, but my meds kick my butt! lol

Darryl gave me the suggestion of the event viewer, which revealed
that the automatic updates are installing and then the pc reboots. I
have Win XP Pro with SP2. The only things running at night are my
e-mail program and usually Pando, downloading stuff! lol And yes,
this machine is on 24/7.

Tricia

At 01:19 AM 3/10/2007, you wrote:
>Tricia,
>     You can always stay up real late one night and try using M&Ms to draw
>the alien out of the closet.  I think the peanut version is their favorite
>(or at least I saw that once on TV).  If that doesn't work for you, we'll
>have to resort to some troubleshooting, instead.        ;O}
>
>     I'll need to know some info.  Specifically, what version Operating
>System are you running and what software is running overnight?  Also, is the
>machine online during the night?
>
>Peace,
>GMan
>
>"The only dumb questions are the ones that are never asked!"

Looking for a group that shares information on computers and
computer-related items? Check out my new group: