-=PCTechTalk=- Re: -Re:Spyware,Xoftspy etc

  • From: "Scott" <millop69@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 07:37:39 -0800

Hi there. What I meant, George, was that as far as I know most sites that
are secure need to have a cookie enabled on the computer that is trying to
access the sensitive information that is there. I happen to use Firefox as
my browser and it will give me 3 choices as to what to do with each cookie
request. These are:
Allow, Allow for session only, and Deny. I personally will deny any
nonsession cookies, as most of them seem to be used for tracking web habits
of individuals, and will accept the majority of the session cookies for
sites like my bank, ebay, Paypal, and any other sites that need to set that
kind of cookie.
Internet Explorer, IE, gives 2 choices. If I remember correctly, they are:
Allow and Block.
Sorry bout the length folks, and George I hope this helps ya.

Scott signing off.