-=PCTechTalk=- Re: [Re: odd problem]

  • From: Henry <hdka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 20:47:50 -0600

I use Startcop, I think it is a lot better than going to msconfig, You should
go to the top and save your settings before you start seeing what programs you
want to stop then you can always start over.

Master NetLord <NetLord@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Good answer suzanne.  I'd add one thing though.  TSRs (terminate, stay
resident) programs do not always show in the task bar.  If you run msconfig,
and select "startup", you'll see lots of programs that are started when the
computer is turned on.  Many of them are not visible in the task bar, but are
TSRs.  Turning off any that are not absolutely necessary (as you suggested)
will help speed up things.

  Regards from the
"Keyboard Cowboy",
¤
¤
¤----- From: "Mikey"
¤¤
¤¤hmmmm now how would I know which pgms are tsr's  and where can I
¤get that
¤¤memorytthing you are talking about
¤
¤To unsub or change your email settings:
¤//www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk
¤
¤To access our Archives:
¤//www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/