-=PCTechTalk=- Re: [Re: Moving Icons]

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 19:31:39 -0700

Hi Rick,
I was able to find one of Christies previous post on icons.

Mike
~~~~
"Magistr email worm will do just as she described and is one of the more
common infections lately for this symptom.
You can read more on Magistr here:

http://www.antivirus.com/pc-cillin/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=3DPE
_MAGISTR.A
http://vil.nai.com/vil/virusSummary.asp?virus_k=3D99040

The symantec page even has a graphic to show exactly how the icons behave
with this infection."
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.magistr.24876@xxxxxxx
""If the computer has been infected for two months, then on odd days the
desktop icons are repositioned whenever the mouse pointer approaches, giving
the impression that the icons are "running away" from the mouse:""

Christy

--- Rick Silversmet <union865@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    My niece just called me and told me that when
 ever she tries to click on
 one of her icons on her desktop, the icons move away
 from the mouse so she
 can't click on it. When the icons are all packed
 into a corner of her
 desktop, and she moves her mouse there to click on
 one, they all move away
 from the mouse. Has anyone heard of this maybe being
 a virus, trojan, or a
 worm???? Or, does anyone have any idea what would
 make her icons do this,
 and what file, or program, I can tell her to delete
 so it won't happen
 again???? Thanks in advance for everyone's help with
 this.

 Rick

 |             B u d w e i s e r  | ||'|"\,__

 keep the rubber side down......