-=PCTechTalk=- Re: REPOST PER REQ By S.B.: Possibly one of the most-important posts that I will make; hope that it explains some of my feelings towards M$ and Vista

  • From: "don101" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 13:24:12 -0400

This topic, no matter how well it has been "dumb downed" so the masses can
understand, all its implications will still be so far over the heads of so
many people that the masses will likely never really understand it all.

The best I can make of it is that the concept is a good idea (it would be
nice to be able to **KNOW** that a specific message or downloaded file
really originated from someone I know and trust) the potential for abuse is
so obvious and the probability of abuse is so high, that the implementation
should scare the willies out of everyone.

Concepts such as this is why it is so important to support organizations
like the ACLU (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACLU) and Electronic Frontier
Foundation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Frontier_Foundation).

Don