-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Presto OS

  • From: Steve Aiello <deacondeamon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 06:52:02 -0400

Thanks for the input.  You are right Don, it is a  Windows application. I
misspoke on that. It gives you an option of booting into windows or presto.
on Monday I downloaded and installed a beta version.  The first boot to it
took a long time, which they say normal.  The second time I booted to it, it
was up in less than 8 seconds.  After about 2 min. I got a message saying
that this was an expired version and would shut down it 3 minutes.
Uninstalled with no effect, that I noticed, on windows.
I'm going to play with it for a couple 3 days and I'll post what I think
about it.
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 12:48 AM, EddieB <fasteddieb216@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hmm, checking out the Presto website makes me more confused as far as what
> this program does.  Here are a few quick things I read:
>
> - You can boot up in seconds and shutdown in one second
> - You can only install it under Windows (not MAC's or Linux), but several
> applications at their Presto Application Store are clearly Linux versions.
> - It does not support 3D games
> - At
>
> http://www.prestomypc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=511&sid=660b4bbdeed27f
> 170c7ad37d8b2151ff<http://www.prestomypc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=511&sid=660b4bbdeed27f%0A170c7ad37d8b2151ff>it
>  sounds like they are telling someone to install a
> Linux version of a 3d game, but they also state that they don't support
> installing that way.
> - Their FAQ doesn't answer much
> - I couldn't find anything on their website that tells me what this program
> does besides being able to boot and shutdown quickly, and run their
> applications.
> - I didn't find anyone joining their forum before Mar 9, 2009 and the
> oldest
> message is only 2 days old.  This leads me to believe that either this is a
> very new product, and/or their forum crashed 2 days ago without a backup.
>
> I personally would like to know much more about what this program does
> before I would install it.  And I would want to know either how it does
> what
> it does, or something to let me know that if it crashes, it won't mess up
> my
> Windows install.  I'm not even sure if you can run Windows programs or only
> the programs from their Application Store.  I'm hoping (but not sure) that
> when they say "try it for 7 days free" that you can uninstall it without
> affecting Windows.
>
> Ed

in the Subject.