-=PCTechTalk=- Re: =PCTechTalk= online backup

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 11:16:13 -0400

Free or not, you get the same guarantee with pretty much all of them.
They're not going to give you free backup space and say that you're data is
not guaranteed to be backed up since you didn't pay anything, otherwise it
would defeat the purpose of a backup. However, me personally, even if I paid
double the going rate, I would be nervous trusting a third-party to be in
charge of my backups. I prefer backing up on-site, to multiple locations
(different hard drives) and then keeping  one copy in an off-site location
(like my parents house) in case of a fire or "hardware-destroying" incident.

~ SirTroth
~ ICQ: 1717439
~ YAHOO: SirTroth
~ SKYPE: SirTroth