-=PCTechTalk=- Re: OFF TOPIC &H.D. TV

  • From: "Steve Aiello" <MrDeamon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 05:11:57 -0800

James
I live in the states not down under, but the techno info should be the
same.
Once you've programmed the set top box ( decoder) you should not have to
reprogram it for that channel. The box should remember that setting. The
Idea is the same as the satellite boxes.
As far as the phone line into the box so you can order PPVs it will not
slow down your Internet connection.
The box does not maintain a constant connection with the cable provider.
If it did you would never be able to use your phone. The boxes are
usually programmed to call in once a week at a very early in the morning
time. Something like 4 am local.
Hope this helps.
Steve