-=PCTechTalk=- Re: OE versus the competition - Calypso questions.. feature comparisons...

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:51:32 -0500

Not really a conflict, but whichever one gor authenticated first would
probably get all the mail.  I'm not sure why you'd want it to work like
that.  Maybe I'm missing something?

On 6/18/2003 at 2:46 PM a whisper was heard, and the one known as kg6ocz
was rumoured to have uttered....

          |  I THINK she means can you use either or.???? but
          |  then maybe I am wrong.
          |  Would they conflict with one another and one not let the other
          |  function
          |  right...I have no problem with having both on my computer..and
          |  running
          |  either one but I have never tried having BOTH open..I think
          |  there would be
          |  conflict there. hmmmm

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
          |  >
          |  > On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:12:36 -0700 TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
          |  wrote:
          |  > .
          |  > -I want to compare what I can do in OE..with what I can do
in
          |  > -Calypso.  I did look at the Rose City website..(that name
          |  got my
          |  > -attention..lol!)
          |  > -
          |  > -I see features listed for Calypso..and maybe it is a given
          |  that it
          |  > -will work with IE and everything else.. but I need these
          |  things
          |  > -spelled out to me.  I hate to assume anything is a given
          |  when it
          |  > -comes to computers and software...especially E-Mail....
          |  > -
          |  > -Is it possible to have both OE and Calypso on your computer
          |  and to
          |  > -open either? I am guessing if the answer is yes..then the
          |  mail I
          |  > -would download in Calypso would stay in Calypso..and visa
          |  vers with
          |  > -OE. Would OE backup software work? Does it have its own
          |  backup... so
          |  > -I could back up mail..and then delete a folder while in
          |  Calypso..and
          |  > -when I want to have that folder back..get it back from the
          |  backup?
          |  > -
          |  > -(If I want to try before I buy..I do not want to lose my OE
          |  till I
          |  > -decide.)
          |  > -
          |  > -Can I do everything I can do in OE now...including sending
          |  and
          |  > -receiving moving stationery?
          |  > -
          |  > -Can I create it within Calypso?
          |  > -
          |  > -I know you are not the sales man..but I thought as a beta
          |  tester..
          |  > -you might know..
          |  > -
          |  > -Any info you give me will be helpful.... Thanks... Rose Las
          |  Vegas
          |  > -
          |  > -
          |  > -3.5 is 'almost' finished beta testing. |
          |  > -http://www.rosecitysoftware.com/Courier/ | |  And the list
          |  of
          |  > -improvements pending for Courier 4 should make |  it a |
          |  contender
          |  > -against any other email program. | |  Mike ~ It is a good
          |  day if I
          |  > -learned something new. |  Editor MikesWhatsNews see a
          |  sample on my
          |  > -web page |  http://www.mwn.ca/ |  <mikeswhatsnews-
          |  > -request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=3D3Dsubscribe> |  See my
          |  Anti-Virus
          |  > -pages |
          |  <http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm> |
          |  > -<virusinfo-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=3D3Dsubscribe> |
          |  Technical
          |  > -Support Alliance Charter Member | |  *********** REPLY
          |  SEPARATOR
          |  > -*********** | |  On 17/06/2003 at 11:44 PM The Keyboard
          |  Cowboy
          |  > -wrote: | |  It's a popular program.  I tried the older
          |  version and
          |  > -liked |  it, but |  not enough to place it ahead of Poco or
          |  TheBat.
          |  > -I think I |  read where |  the program was taken over by a
          |  new
          |  > -company and |  updated......is that |  true? |   Regards
          |  from the |
          |  > -"Keyboard Cowboy", | |       ,,,,,,,, |
=3DD4=3DBF=3DD4=3DAC |
          |  > -Cincinnati, Ohio |  Scottsdale, Arizona |
          |  >
-=3DAB:::=3DBB=3DA4=3DAB:::=3DBB=3DA4=3DA4=3DAB:::=3DBB=3DA4=3DAB:::=3DBB |
 Tuesday
          |  |
          |  > -6/17/2003 |  23:43:12 EST |
          |  >
-=3DAB:::=3DBB=3DA4=3DAB:::=3DBB=3DA4=3DA4=3DAB:::=3DBB=3DA4=3DAB:::=3DBB |
|  We
          |  tend to
          |  > -make courage too dramatic.        Courage is often |  doing
          |  |
          |  > -something simple, unpleasant, or boring again and again
          |  until |  we
          |  > -get |  it down pat. People who are physically challenged
          |  and who
          |  > -have |  the |  determination to get around their handicaps
          |  are great
          |  > -examples |  because their courage makes them test their
          |  limits every
          |  > -day. | |  -- Dave Thomas, founder of Wendys | | | | |  To
          |  unsub or
          |  > -change your email settings: |
          |  > -//www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk | |  To access
          |  our