-=PCTechTalk=- Re: No post with an Intel D850emv2 w/ p4 2.0

  • From: "GuitarMan" <PCTech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 01:46:11 -0400

Hi Jeff,
    During the initial POST (Power On Self Test) routine, are you hearing
any beeps from the mainboard's speaker?  A single beep typically means that
the BIOS found no problems.  Any other combination of beeps (short, long
and/or pauses) indicates a hardware problem.  Keep in mind that these beep
combinations (beep codes) vary between different BIOS manufacturers.

Peace,
GMan

PCTechTalk Owner