-=PCTechTalk=- Re: New Symptom

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 14:46:09 -0400

Hi Belle,
    Malwarebytes is the best AM I have ever used, but there no such thing as
a security app that cannot be circumvented.  Have you updated Malwarebytes'
definition files lately?  It could be something relatively new that the
older defs aren't yet aware.  I have found that Malwarebytes releases new
defs the moment they have anything new to add and that it often means more
than one update is relesed in any given day.

    As for the report that was generated, is there any chance that you still
have that scan window open?  If you do, you always have the option of taking
a screen shot.  To do that, just press your PRT SCR key to copy the image to
your clip board.  Then, open up Paint and go to Edit > Paste.  The image
will instantly appear in the main window.  Then, go to File > Save As, give
the file a name, select JPEG from the drop down box, direct it to someplace
on your hard drive that will be easy to find and click the Save button.  We
can then discuss methods for making the image available for the rest of us
to see.

    Port 80 is the one used by your browser and port 25 is used for email.
If you had both a browser and an email app opened during the scan, that
would account for these two showing up.  I'll research the trojan name and
see what I can learn about it.

Peace,
Gman

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php