-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Netscape going out of business ? was

  • From: Lupust <lupust@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 10 Mar 2003 08:32:36 -0600

On Sun, 2003-03-09 at 20:51, David F Wooledge wrote:

> I read that article.  it states that Gecko is the browser for ALO for Mac
> OS 10, CompuServe 7 and Netscape 6.x ,7.x.  Unless I missed it somewhere
> it does not say so for AOL 8 for Windows.  Is AOL 8 for Windows still
> based in Microsoft Internet Explorer?
> Dave

and here's my reply.

Dear Lupust,

On behalf of America Online,  I would like to thank you for writing
to us and making us aware of your concern.  It is always a great
pleasure to assist you regarding any issues.

I understand you have questions on whether Microsoft Internet
Explorer (MSIE) is compatible with AOL 8.0.

Currently, AOL 6.0, 7.0 and 8.0 are only offerred for Windows
Operating System. In line with this, it definitely means that MSIE is
the browser integrated with Windows OS for AOL.

If you have any further inquiries, suggestions or comments, please
feel free to write back to us and we will be more than happy to
assist you.

However,  should you need further assistance you may also enter our
Techlive Area using KW:ASK THE STAFF or give us a call at our Tech
Support Number 1-888-346-3704, or 1-888-265-8006.

Thank you for giving me the chance to be of service to you.

Have a Nice Day!

Omar S.
Customer Care Consultant
The TechMail Department