-=PCTechTalk=- Re: MS Word 2010

  • From: "Glo" <redowl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 14:05:21 -0700

Thanks Don, for the clarification, I didn't realize they were separate
entities.  IE would not even launch, all I got was a totally blank page with
nothing on it except a few icons at the top left, but nothing happened when
I clicked on them.  The solution turned out to be restoring the system to an
earlier time.  I'm sure my friends tried that, but I did it myself and I
noticed you can choose other dates than what they show.  I suppose they
tried that too, but I don't think they turned off AVG, so all of the restore
efforts were unsuccessful.  When I tried to restore and it didn't work, the
dialog box said to turn off the anti-virus, so I did and the restore was
successful that time.   I've waited a few days to be sure it's working ok
and it is, for the most part, but I keep getting a dialog box  that says
"internet explorer is no longer working" and another one who says 'IE had to
close and reopen this page' or something to that effect.  This has been
happening for several months now and I was thinking that could be what
precipitated my whole problem to begin with.  I have uninstalled IE and
reinstalled it, but it still pops up.  I'm thinking of using Chrome if it's
not too weird.  I wonder if I could keep IE while I learn Chrome? ~Glo