-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Lost Desktop Icon

  • From: Tricia <lafalot7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 21:31:21 -0500

This happened to me not too long ago. Try this
To resolve the problem, type this command from Start, Run dialog:
IE4UINIT.EXE

The above command creates the Quick Launch folder automatically, if
it is missing in the above location. Now, try to enable the Quick
Launch bar. If the same error occurs, it's caused by another issue
(due to a malware removal), type these two commands:

                                                                 REGSVR32
/i SHELL32.DLL

                                                                 REGSVR32
/i BROWSEUI.DLL

Restart Windows and enable the Quick Launch Toolbar.

Tricia

Looking for a group that shares information on computers and
computer-related items? Check out my new group: