-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Laptop Combo Drives DVD/CDRW

  • From: Master NetLord <NetLord@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 09:26:39 -0400

You hit the nail on the head -- drives for laptops are often made
special................thinner, smaller, cooler running, and that makes them
expensive.  Before you take the leap, I'd call HP and make sure the exact model
you want to buy is compatible in all respects including power requirements.
Lastly, some of the drives are configured to run differently than conventional
drives in that they do not spin up the same way due to power conservation
that's required for laptops.   Bottom line, make sure that HP agrees that the
drive you want will work.

  Regards from the
"Keyboard Cowboy",

   Master NetLord
         ,,,,,,,,
         Ô¿Ô¬
   Cincinnati, Ohio
Scottsdale, Arizona
Sunday
08/18/2002
9:23:42 AM

Individual commitment to a group effort, that is what makes a team
work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

-- Vince Lombardi, American Football Coach