-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Internet problem

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 17:44:16 -0600

Sounds like a DNS problem?  If you are sure you are connecting, then it
would appear that it can't resolve names.

~~~~~~~~~

On 12/14/2002 at 10:55 PM a whisper was heard, and the one known as Jo Ann
Weaver was rumoured to have uttered....

          |  I have set up an older computer for a friend[166
          |  cpu, 96 megs RAM,running WinME] I got him started with an ISP.
          |  His computer is connecting and holding at 48000 bps, but it
          |  won't load any web pages. Have been on the phone with his ISP
          |  half a dozen times, tried everything they suggested, still no
          |  go. You just get an IE message saying page cannot be
          |  displayed. Can't do IE repair because it isn't listed in add
          |  remove programs[unless someone knows another way?] I
          |  downloaded the IE setup file, put it on a floppy and took it
          |  to his computer. It wouldn't work, said it couldn't find the
          |  download sites. I checked the internet security settings and
          |  lowered them, no good. I burned Opera to a CD. When I was
          |  installing it, it did have an error with the Java part. It
          |  wouldn't load a page either. Anybody have any other ideas
          |  Please? Is there a way I could Find the IE files on my
          |  computer and burn them to CD and install on his machine? I've
          |  about run out of ideas.
          |  Jo Ann

*******
All the preceding is solely my own opinion not necessarily held by any
other person in any other place at any other time.  No warranty express or
implied.  Author takes no responsibility for the accuracy or usefulness of
this or any rebutttal information.  If you do not agree with this post,
please click delete and move on.