-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Installing Programs

  • From: bob.in.jersey@xxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:16:54 EDT

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:31:42 CDT, Robert Carneal wrote:
> So PC Magazine now charges for old applications? I am mainly
> interested in the DOS applications. Is there a source I can
> download them all from and save it?

Here's the first page of their alphabetical list of apps...it doesn't
specify which OS is required for each, you'd have to check each and every
page.

However, when you actually find the link to download, it does the
same thing every time:  pop up another window telling you the cost
of the subscription (discounted if you already sub to the printed
mag).  Annual subs are $19.97 ($14.97 if you get the rag); monthly
subs (limited to 3 pgms per month) are $4.97.

Apart from that, you'd have to luck out finding individual titles on
other sites, as I did with EndItAll v2.

--
BOB in jersey at Juno dot com