-=PCTechTalk=- Re: I got this virus info from Norton and I am so confused. How can this be?

  • From: bob.in.jersey@xxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 16:00:11 EDT

TechRose, and all:

I know what you mean.  Amazingly the cretin responsible for this,
figured out a way to =not= trigger certain mail client software's
tendency to re-package messages in MIME form; for example, in my
case, Juno would have shown a set of headers and (IIRC) a blank
body, and the "Attachments" tab would have appeared in one corner of
the part where the body would have been.  No such shakes...the whole
thing came out as normal text.

Happily, I saved the message as a ".b64" file, which WinZip, a
compressed-file handler I use, was able to parcel into its
individual parts, the first of which triggered my antivirus.

--
BOB in jersey at Juno dot com