-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Help with new prog...

  • From: "GuitarMan" <pctt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 02:02:32 -0500

Hey Drummer,
    Long see, no time, my friend.          :O)

    I'm an old DOS head and I understand exatly what you're looking to do.
Unfortunately, I know of no way to force Windows (or the batch file) to wait
for one task to complete before moving onto the next.  However, I remember
seeing a small program that does exactly that.  It executes one line at a
time and waits for one to finish before moving onto the next.  You could set
it up to run the defrag and then the 'shutdown' batch file.  Then, create
another batch file to run this program.  Instead of running the BAT file
you're trying to create, you'd just run the one that runs this program.
I'll wait to find out whether you're even interested in this program before
I go searching for it.

Peace,
GMan

PCTT Owner